[EpiData-list] double entry verification : problem when entering numerical fields

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sun Apr 12 14:34:05 CDT 2009

There are a couple of solutions posted already, but I want to point out
that this problem of leading zeros has been around since punch cards and
is something that could be avoided by starting such numbering with, for
example 100 (if that fits with the maximum id number being 999) or
coding the sequential ID within a sequence such as Site #, ID # (e.g.
site 1 has ID numbers 1000-1999, etc).

Jamie