[EpiData-list] Re: Double entry verification numeric fields

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Apr 13 14:14:59 CDT 2009

Epidata Friends,

Yves gave a good work around on the id fields with leading zeros. I was
suffering from the very same problem and did not stop to think on a work
around. I did try this here with a data of mine and I have a another
sugestion.

It came to my attention that if the fieldnum has a autoserach command and
the typer goes to edit a record already in the dataset then the fieldnum is
deleted by the second chk command below. Perhaps a HELP command is more
nice.

FIELDNUM
 BEFORE ENTRY
 fieldnum=integer(fieldchar)
 goto nextvariable
 END
autosearch list fieldnum
END

NEXTVARIABLE
 BEFORE ENTRY
   IF (fieldnum <> integer(fieldchar)) THEN
   HELP "PERHAPS THERE ARE SOME NON INTEGER CHARACTERS. CONSIDER REVISING!"
   ENDIF
 END

This will call the attention of the typer and will not delete the data in
the field if the record is to be edited.

Best regards.

Abraço forte e que a força esteja com você,
Pedro Emmanuel