[EpiData-list] creating an identifiant from various variables

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Fri May 15 12:38:33 CDT 2009

Here is a simple example:

DATA FILE:             C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.YOUR-E92F6775CF\My Documents\EpiData\testindex.rec

File label:            Test Indexing

File size:             693 bytes

Last revision:         15. May 2009 1:28 PM

Number of fields:      5

Number of records:     3

Checks applied:        Yes (Last revision 15. May 2009 1:27 PM)

Fields in data file:

No. Name       Variable label        Field type      Width  Checks

  1 v1                               Text            3      Must enter

  2 v2                               Text            3      Must enter

  3 v3                               Text            4      Must enter

  4 v4                               Number          2      Must enter

                                                            More: See check file

  5 i6                               Text            12     NoEnter

and check file:

v1

  MUSTENTER

END