Vedr.: Re: [EpiData-list] creating an identifiant from various variables

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sat May 16 03:45:38 CDT 2009

I would copy the 'after entry' to v1-v3 also - otherwise later revisions
of v1-v3 will not be reflected in i6 if one do not 'pass' v4.

Seniorstatistician Claus Holst
Institute of Preventive Medicine
Center for Health and Society
Øster Søgade 18, 1
DK-1357 København K

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sendt af: epidata-list-bounces at lists.umanitoba.ca
15-05-2009 19:38

Til
epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
cc

Emne
Re: [EpiData-list] creating an identifiant from various variables

Here is a simple example:

DATA FILE:             C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.YOUR-E92F6775CF\My
Documents\EpiData\testindex.rec

File label:            Test Indexing

File size:             693 bytes

Last revision:         15. May 2009 1:28 PM

Number of fields:      5

Number of records:     3

Checks applied:        Yes (Last revision 15. May 2009 1:27 PM)

Fields in data file:

No. Name       Variable label        Field type      Width  Checks

  1 v1                               Text            3      Must enter

  2 v2                               Text            3      Must enter

  3 v3                               Text            4      Must enter

  4 v4                               Number          2      Must enter

                                                            More: See
check file

  5 i6                               Text            12     NoEnter

and check file:

v1

  MUSTENTER

END