[EpiData-list] creating an identifiant from various variables

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sat May 16 04:27:33 CDT 2009

One aspect of this about unique identifiers is when users want to do
double entry.

The only double entry option in this situation is to enter the data
twice and then compare afterwards, since the "immediate comparison"
double entry mode is not available for combined field unique entries
unless the records are entered in EXACTLY the same sequence as the first
time. The problem for the user is, that the system is NOT giving correct
warnings in the immediate double entry if the unique index is created in
contrast to entered directly.
> I would like the identifier to be automatically created in the .rec
> file after entering 4 variables and as an aggregation of these 4
> variables.
> For instance my identifier is
> ID=region number+village number+household number+member in the
> household number

regards