[EpiData-list] Consistency in number of digits

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon May 18 12:14:13 CDT 2009

Nicki: perhaps an idea would be to always make your identifiers text
fields, even if they are numbers.  If you nevertheless like to enter
this particular field as a number, you could create a second field that
takes the number and converts it into a text field with the desired
leading zeros:

In the QES file:

vartxt ____
varnum ####