[EpiData-list] Core module tests

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sun Jun 28 14:16:27 CDT 2009

Good to see Pete Geddes testing.
The idea of a number of "complicated" random data sets for testing is a
good one.

Just four comments:
a. It would be good for the further testing if you could create a zip
file with the data and upload to the bug/development system - see the
link on www.epidata.dk/testing.php

b. It seems you are reading the dates as : mdy, but looking at the data
the dates are ymd

00063364;.........;1949/07/29;N;1958/04/19;CHE;75683

which might explain the strange date values you have seen.

c. Regarding UTF-8
This really does only come to play with localised alphabets/letters.

>  11 d1         Date of Birth         Date (mdy)
> 10
>
>  12 v1         Gender                Upper-case text
> 1
>
>  13 i11        Date Entered          Today (mdy)
> 10

d. regarding Operating systems
    The linux version. We will create a list of dependencies.

regards Jens Lauritsen