[EpiData-list] EpiData Core module ready for testing

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Jul 9 06:18:36 CDT 2009

I tried the core module on some real data with lots of dates and missing
values. Same results under Windows and SUSE linux.

Read/write of EpiData .rec/.chk are fine

Write of Stata (I used v7) is fine - dates and missing values come
through OK; missing text values show up as ".." Data as viewed by Stata
v7 are perfect.

Read back of Stata has problems. Dates are not recognized as dates, so
just the serial numbers come through as numbers; missing text values
appear as "..", which would be easy enough to identify. The original
text fields were a single character, though.

Write of .dbf was allowed by the version available on July 8, but only
wrote the header and a few fields on the first record. Read back of .dbf
produced field names and junk (when read by Excel, the .dbf had only the
headers)

It is encouraging to see identical results for Windows and Linux versions!

Jamie

Jens wrote:
> The new core modules will be implemented over the next year. First in
> EpiC, then in Analysis and finally in Entry.
The first release of a test application is now available for windows and
linux from the testing page: