[EpiData-list] negative integers in epidata entry

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed Jul 15 12:16:26 CDT 2009

Dear Pedro:

-1 is a legal integer, but it needs space.  You first say the field was
"##", then it must accommodate -1.  Later you say it was "#", that
cannot accommodate it.  If the first is true (##) then something else is
wrong, if the second is true (#) then the field is too short.  If you do
not have it, create a qes file from the REC file and look what type of
field is there.  While converting a numeric file to a text file is easy,
it looses too much information (ability to calculate), and going the
other way is not trivial I believe, thus try to figure out what is wrong
with the actual presumed numeric field DAYS.

Regards,

Hans

--
Hans L Rieder, MD, MPH