[EpiData-list] Graphing results of outcome analysis showing CIs

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Oct 5 15:55:07 CDT 2009

Thanks Jamie

I tried this and it worked well. It was quite easy to copy the Attack rate table into Excel. I just highlighted the data in the htm file and pasted it into a black worksheet. Then I
1. used data/text to columns to separate out the confidence interval colum into two columns (low and high)
2. Used edit replace to take out the brackets
4. Change the order of the columns to LowCI HighCI RR
3. Selected the data to make a chart
4. Chose stock chart
5. I also chose the option to include the data table within the chart

The graph does not look as good as CIplot but does look pretty good.

many thanks

Christine

Christine Roseveare
Analyst
Regional Public Health
570 9194
027 495 9671

>>> <epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca> 6/10/2009 2:28 a.m. >>>
Hi Christine,

CIPLOT is showing proportions, not RR. I think you will have to create
your own chart in another package. You can import the attack rate table
into excel and with a bit of manipulation, get the columns in the right
order for a "stock chart" - stock chart uses the order Close, High, Low,
where Close will be RR, High will be UCL and Low will be LCL.

However, you will have to do some formatting to do to get the chart
looking as good as CIPLOT.

Jamie Hockin

Christine wrote

--
The information contained in this email and
any attachments is confidential and may be