[EpiData-list] jumps don't work

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed Nov 25 14:37:14 CST 2009

I have epidata 3.1 and am attempting to program skips using jumps in the
check file.

Here's part of the .qes file

sdwfull  Are sidewalks fully installed on both sides of the street?
<Y>

sdwgaps location gaps
________

sdwbfr  buffer between sidewalk and street? <Y>

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

here's the .chk file

sdwfull

  JUMPS

    1 sdwbfr

    0 sdwgaps

  END

END

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here's the codebook:

sdwfull ------------- Are sidewalks fully installed on both sides of the
street?

                   type:  Boolean

                  jumps:  1>sdwbfr,0>sdwgaps

                missing:  0/0

          unique values:  0

It doesn't matter if I enter 1,0, Y,y,N,n  in sdwfull, the cursor goes
to the next field, the skipnextfield does not seem to work either.

I've tried putting the jump statements in quotes, and making sure that
there is a space after the comma.

I apologize if I'm missing some basic syntax, but I've looked at the
documentation and examples.

Thank you,

david

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including all attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited unless specifically provided under the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of this message. -- This email has been scanned by the Sybari - Antigen Email System.

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail,including all attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review,use,disclosure or distribution is prohibited unless specifically provided under the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of this message.

This email has been scanned using Webroot Email Security.