[EpiData-list] entering arabic letters

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Fri Jan 29 06:24:12 CST 2010

Dear All,

At our office, we are using epidata since 2003 for our local applications.

Using MS office 2003, windows XP, we were entering our data using epidata3.1
in English version, but we have kept some variables for entering names using
Arabic letters. Later, the .rec file was exported to excel in order to
search for duplicates using the Arabic letters. It has worked.

Yesterday, we had a new desktop with MS office 2007. That function of
entering data using Arabic letters has disappeared.

Do you have any idea why this happened? And how can we solve this matter?

Sincerely

Nada Ghosn,

Eman Chamas,

Epidemiological Surveillance Program