[EpiData-list] entering arabic letters

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Fri Jan 29 06:58:15 CST 2010

Good to hear, that you had good usage of EpiData software with Arabic
language.
One of the aspects which is included in the rewriting of all software is
ability to handle all "national" letters, including Arabic letters. However
this will take some time.

My suggestion would be that you keep using excel v.2003. and not use MS
office 2007.

At our hospital here we use v2003, since this has all the functionality we
need
  (and fortunately none of changes ...... which we do not use anyway).

regards Jens Lauritsen
Epidata Association
(and having a fulltime job at a Danish hospital)

> At our office, we are using epidata since 2003 for our local
applications.
> Using MS office 2003, windows XP, we were entering our data using
> epidata3.1
> in English version, but we have kept some variables for entering names
> using
> Arabic letters. Later, the .rec file was exported to excel in order to
> search for duplicates using the Arabic letters. It has worked.
> Yesterday, we had a new desktop with MS office 2007. That function of
> entering data using Arabic letters has disappeared.
> Do you have any idea why this happened? And how can we solve this
matter?