[EpiData-list] Suggestion for automatic checks in new Epidata manager

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Mar 11 17:13:18 CST 2010

Certainly, many of us will want to continue to have a simple way to create
and edit checks (and .qes). With the shift to a clearly defined XML format
for EpiData, this should be possible using tools we already have - that is,
we could just edit the .recxml file, using cut and paste to replicate checks
for similar fields.

A great addon or standalone module will be a simple XML editor for recxml
files, to be used at our own risk. I don't know if such things exist in
other areas, but there must be.

Importing a table of attributes as proposed by Sarala would be a great addon
that could come from the user community once the .recxml format is
finalized. Similarly, a utility to merge additional xml attributes to a
.recxml would be very simple and very useful.

"USE fieldname" could be included in any of these, and probably the
suggested "for var1 var2 ..." approach.

Jamie Hockin
Ottawa