[EpiData-list] Change the colour of data entry form; and entering contact number for each person

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Tue Mar 16 14:41:03 CDT 2010

Dear colleagues,

    I am designing relational database and would like the data entry staff
to be able to enter the identification number (idno) and not to have to type
in the contact number of each idno (person).  The field for the contact
number should be field automatically for each idno.  More importantly, it
should start with one for each idno.

For example for idno 001 contact 1; 2; 3; 4; 5; 6; 7; 8; 9; 10
                    for idno 002 contact 1; 2; 3;
..................................100

Clearly, given that idno is a string; I have tried the following command
which
IDNO
 AFTER ENTRY
 IF IDNO=IDNO THEN
 LET CONTACTNUM=1+RECORDCOUNT
 ENDIF
 END
The result is not different from automatic contact number.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you for your time and suggestions

Tieble