[EpiData-list] Change the colour of data entry form; and entering contact number for each person

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Tue Mar 16 18:30:09 CDT 2010

Here is one solution that requires you to have a field in the main case .rec file that holds the number of contacts entered so far. It may not be perfect, but should work for data entry and record review just fine.

There are 4 files in my example
main.qes - the Main case file
main.chk
contact.qes - the Contact file
contact.chk

The .chk files pass the highest contact number back and forth using the global variable xcon and the data entry person cannot change the contact number.

The "before record" block in contact.chk increments xcon to give the next contact number, but this only gets saved back to main.rec when a new record is saved. If only existing records are revised and saved, the number of contacts does not change.

This is a example of related files communicating with each other through a global variable.

I hope this helps.