Vedr.: [EpiData-list] Text editor for EpiData Analysis programs

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Mar 18 17:33:33 CDT 2010

Strange, by coincidence I asked my IT coordinator for a  good general text
editor today for another purpose. He also recommended Crimson and it could
do a lot of other useful things that I needed - convert uppper case to
lower case, column editing and a lot of more. And at the same time it
seems intuitive to use and not overloaded with features.
One thing I've not solved yet -  it does not seem to be available by right
clicking on a file, eg. anyfile.txt, as an available program to use for
'open with...'.
Kind regards
Claus Holst

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sendt af: epidata-list-bounces at lists.umanitoba.ca
18-03-2010 21:54

Til
epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
cc

Emne
[EpiData-list] Text editor for EpiData Analysis programs

Jens and I gave last week a course for operations research fellows in
The Union's training program.  One colleague pointed us to the excellent
free Crimson text editor (http://www.crimsoneditor.com/).  Jens wrote
then the necessary key and language components that can be inserted into
the editor to read and edit EpiData programs color-coded to reduce
errors if you wish to edit your analysis programs outside the native
EpiData Analysis text editor.  I can strongly recommend it.  Visit the
EpiData website http://www.epidata.dk/download.php page and look at the
bottom for utilities.

Hans

PS: Thank you, Zaw, for pointing us to the editor, and thank you Jens,
to make it particularly useful for EpiData Analysis programs.