[EpiData-list] Data missing after merge - any ideas?

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Apr 8 17:06:10 CDT 2010

I presume that the smaller file has information that was missing in the first, or updated information on records already in the larger file.

If that is the case, add /update to the merge command to use all non-missing values in the smaller file to replace whatever (missing or not) is in the larger file. Add /updateall to replace everything for records that match.

The help for merge explains the options.

Jamie Hockin
Ottawa