[EpiData-list] Year with two digits

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Tue Apr 27 08:36:01 CDT 2010

Hello Epidata Friends,

I know this will sound repetitive and passed over but Im not finding a
workaround. I have a very ancient rec file created by EPI6, this dataset was
abandoned in 1999. My intention was to update the rec and chk file for new
data to come in and update the up to 2009. I was trying to export using
epidata entry tool to Stata and do several editing within Stata and then
import it again from Stata to epidata to keep on feeding the dataset.

My problem is that the dates of birth and follow-up start are configured as
dd/mm/yy , that is Year with tow digits. When I open the data from within
Stata, weird dates come. Just the years look weird such as 01apr2020. All
the years are 2020 or 2019 and I know the yars may range from 1986 to 1999.
It seems that is not only a problem to add the 19.. before the dates year so
far.

So I guess, since Epidata does not accept dates with tow year digits, it is
exporting with error. Therefore Im accepting any suggestions to workaround.

kind regards,

Abraço forte e que a força esteja com você,

Dr. Pedro Emmanuel A. A. do Brasil
Instituto de Pesquisa Clínica Evandro Chagas
Fundação Oswaldo Cruz
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil
Av. Brasil 4365
Tel 55 21 3865-9648