[EpiData-list] Year with two digits

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Tue Apr 27 10:42:23 CDT 2010

Jamie,

Thank you for your quick response. I did find a workaround after all. I
downloaded the EPI6 from CDC website and I did read the EPI6 readme file.
There was as part of the help file that helped me.

It seems that the 6.04d version of EPI6 automatically update the two digits
to four digits year when revised rec file is requested from new qes file an
insert the 20.. or 19.. before the two year digit. That is, opens the qes;
change the <dd/mm/yy> to <dd/mm/yyyy> and ask the enter to revise from the
new qes.

Now I could export from EpiData to Stata fine, althoug I had to do some
editing to correctly assign the 19.. and 20..

I wonder why I couldnt get it done from the EpiData entry as I did from
EPI6. Perhaps because EpiData does not work with tow digit year in any way.

Kind regards,

Abraço forte e que a força esteja com você,

Dr. Pedro Emmanuel A. A. do Brasil
Instituto de Pesquisa Clínica Evandro Chagas
Fundação Oswaldo Cruz
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil
Av. Brasil 4365
Tel 55 21 3865-9648