[EpiData-list] RE: Double Entry for Related Files

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed Apr 28 13:48:41 CDT 2010

I understand the two different methods of double-entering data, and I do
indeed want to "prepare for double-entry".  The problem is that when I
go to prepare the questionnaire for double entry, I can only choose to
prepare either the parent OR the child file.  If I choose the parent
file, then a double-entry file is only created for the parent file -
when I open it to double enter the data, it relates to the original
child file, so it opens the parent double entry file along with the
original child file.  Since only one of the two files is a double entry
file, the program thinks I am entering the data for the first time, and
does not compare the alues entered to the values from the original file.

I cannot seem to find a way to prepare both the parent and the child
file for double entry together. If I prepare them for double entry
separately, I run into similar problems.

Sam

Message: 1