[EpiData-list] Few Clarifications about New Epidata Manager Developments

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sat May 8 01:05:31 CDT 2010

Dear Jens,
                   It is heartening to hear that further developments of Epidata are going on. I just have few points (apprehensions) which I want to share with you.

The ability to correct the data file by a text editor (in new system) sounds wonderful but existing system is also good.

1. Will the new system continue support the already developed
   relation databases in Epidata Entry ?

      Will it be downward compatible with the relational databases
      systems already working well in Epidata Entry 3.1 and
      Analysis 2.3 ?

2. The QES, CHK, REC file system was comparatively simple and one could change it whenever wanted, without being a software professional (programmer).

With regards,

Dr. Shavinder Singh