[EpiData-list] Files won't open on remote computer

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed Jun 30 03:01:43 CDT 2010

Am 30.06.2010 09:22, schrieb epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca:
> I create qes/rec/chk files with 1 respondent and send to a data capturer
> via email.
> She has problems opening the files in EpiData.
> We are both on Version 3.1 / Windows based.
> Any ideas what could be causing this?
> She can make the files on her machine with no problem and send them to me.
> Regards

Some email-programms addd lines to text files (rec, qes, chk) so the
file structure changes. Pack the files (e.g. with Winzip) and attach
them to the email, that should work.

Regards
Juergen

Freiburger Institut fuer angewandte Sozialwissenschaft e.V.
FIFAS
Erasmusstr. 16, D-79098 Freiburg
Telefon: (0761) 28 83 64  Fax: (0761) 29 27 493
Web: 	www.fifas.de
E-Mail:	info at fifas.de