[EpiData-list] Extending command over multiple lines

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sun Aug 1 11:05:42 CDT 2010

  The correspondance on this topic all seems correct. To avoid very long
lines some logic can be helpfull and work (with some experimentation).

(The following examples should work, but please verify I have not tested
in detail)

find months spelling errors:

admit1mon
after entry
    if pos(admit1mon,"JANFEBMARAPRMAYJUNJULAUGSEPOCTNOVDEC") = 0 then
          HELP "Month is a 3 character field, e.g. JAN, FEB, etc"  TYPE=ROR
          GOTO admit1mon
          CLEAR admit1mon
     ENDIF
end
end

If for some reason you prefer to use months for entry I would suggest this:
admitm
    range 1 12
    after entry
      tempm = 1 +(3*admitm) -3
      admit1mon = copy("JANFEBMARAPRMAYJUNJULAUGSEPOCTNOVDEC",temp,3)
    end
end

admit1mon
  noenter
end
Also - since numbers are faster to enter than letters I would prefer the
second suggestion.

regards
Jens Lauritsen
Epidata Association