[EpiData-list] Command that Can affect Two diffrent Records

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed Sep 8 08:56:01 CDT 2010

Hello Edson B,
 I tried to find a solution for your problem while you are in the process of enterenig data , you
asked for a command in your CHKfile.

With the help of defined variables in a BEFORE FILE section of your CHKfile it is possible to
transfer content of a variable to the next record.
 When you donot want that same content, you are free to overwrite it.
I made a small example
 (QES, CHK and REC files, Zipped in a file by the name PROBLEM.ZIP)
which I added to this replymail and I hope it reaches you personaly.
Good luck, Louk Meertens