[EpiData-list] First public test of new Entry Client (xml file structure) - date and keyboard entry

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sat Sep 11 12:42:39 CDT 2010

I think it is trickier if 2 numbers (or 4 digits) are entered for a date. I would propose that anything other than a single number follow the day and month scheme established for the field. So entering 1011 for a <dd/mm/yyyy> field yields 10 November, but 11 October for a <mm/dd/yyyy> field or <yyyy/mm/dd> field. It's a bit of backwards logic, but would be easily explained to anyone doing data entry. But I have no strong feeling about that.

Jamie