[EpiData-list] Entry/Manager test

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Sep 20 00:21:53 CDT 2010

Hi Jamie

Could you please explain why you changed the booleans to 0-1 before loading it into manager? Sorry if this is a silly question. I am asking because someone recently gave me an outbreak file where they had used 0 and 1 (created in Excel 0 = no and 1 = yes). The problem was that when I came to analyse it (in this case using Epi Info) it meant that the two by two tables were in the wrong order. Because no was 0 it came out first in the table. I have always used the boolean field in epidata for our outbreak questionnaires and it has worked very well. They come out in the right order in both Epidata Analysis and Epin Info, and also make intuitive sense to the data entry person.

thank you

Christine

Christine Roseveare
Analyst
Regional Public Health
570 9194
027 495 9671

>>> <epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca> 13/09/2010 2:34 p.m. >>>
I successfully loaded a moderately-sized .rec file (changing all booleans to
0-1 before loading into Manager--it should prompt to do that for us). Entry
handled the existing and new data as expected.

I would like to have the autojump to next field when all digits are filled.
I assume that this is coming.

I successfully loaded a fictitious file with just under 500,000 records and
12 fields (41.8 MB .epx from an 8 MB .rec). Given the capacity of removable
memory today, size really isn't a problem. I cannot imagine ever having a
real file that large. On my old Windows laptop, this file loaded/saved in
20-30 seconds, but GO TO any record in the file was instantaneous.

The information contained in this email and
any attachments is confidential and may be
legally privileged. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender
immediately and remove all copies of the message,
including any attachments.  Any views or
opinions expressed in this email (unless
otherwise stated) may not represent those of
Hutt Valley DHB.
Thank you.
** Disclaimer added by HVDHB **