[EpiData-list] policy for file size in epidata list (attachments)

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Fri Nov 12 02:54:17 CST 2010

re:
> I am using EpiData Verion 3.1. I did send a screenshot, but apparently
  only text is allowed by the list.

The current policy is that any posting to the epidata-list system must be
smaller than 35kb, which in practice excludes bitmaps such as screenshots.
For the example from Shakeel the size was around 65kb which for some of us
is very small, but if one is one a slow modem line is large. All web pages
on EpiData.dk are aimed at being at most around 10-20k without pictures and
other "nice features" precisely with the aim of minimising band-width
usage.

It could be good with some inputs from list members whether the policy
should be relaxed, e.g. that we set the limit at 65k instead of 35k for
postings. In particular those who are living in areas where slow speed
internet is an issue.

regards