[EpiData-list] policy for file size in epidata list (attachments)

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Fri Nov 12 07:33:14 CST 2010

On 2010-11-12 14:11, epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca wrote:
> I would keep the limit small, but 65K is certainly OK for me. That may not be enough for a screen shot. Any reproducible error in Entry should become apparent with the .qes, .chk and .rec files AND knowing the font and font size set in options.
>
> Jamie
>
> On 2010-11-12, Jens wrote:
>
>> It could be good with some inputs from list members whether the policy
>> should be relaxed, e.g. that we set the limit at 65k instead of 35k for
>> postings. In particular those who are living in areas where slow speed
>> internet is an issue.

Just a little sidenote for this discussion that could also be considered.

There exists several places on the internet where it is free to post an
image, for instance the free http://imagebin.org/ is a good website to
place small to medium sized images that can be access publicly.

Once an image has been posted to such a site, the site itself give you a
link, which can be included with in the email to this list.

Kind regards,
Torsten Bonde Christiansen.
EpiData Association.

ps: a link could be like this: