[EpiData-list] Re: Putting the content from several entry fields

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Fri Nov 26 03:08:51 CST 2010


Perhaps, you may want to create a field doctor_id (provided you have only
few or up to 10).
Then add label:
1 "Dr TH"
2 "Dr VM"
3 "DR HT"
so on
Then edit
type comment
Now you should be able to choose from the doctor_id, but you need to have
doctor_id on each rec field.  I would suggest that you try to do this in a
simple way as two or more patients can be seen by the same  and/ or
different doctors.  I don't know your research question but I have seen a
case where patient A has been seen by Dr Smith then by Dr Brown too?

Best wishes

Tieble


On 25 November 2010 18:00, <epidata-list-request at lists.umanitoba.ca> wrote:

> Send EpiData-list mailing list submissions to
>        epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>        http://lists.umanitoba.ca/mailman/listinfo/epidata-list
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>        epidata-list-request at lists.umanitoba.ca
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>        epidata-list-owner at lists.umanitoba.ca
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of EpiData-list digest..."
>
>
> EpiData-list mailing list
> ___________________________________
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>   1. Putting the content from several entry fileds into a      value
>      label. (epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca)
>   2. Re: Putting the content from several entry fileds into    a
>      value label. (epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 23:54:40 +0100
> From: epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
> Subject: [EpiData-list] Putting the content from several entry fileds
>        into a  value label.
> To: "epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca"
>        <epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca>
> Message-ID:
>        <FF3F33C7E13129439AFE23E87BD331F7C5B703BAD8 at HORMXB102VM1.onerm.dk>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Hey
>
> I need help to find out if it is possible to have the content of several
> data entry fields listed in a value label.
>
> I am doing a registration of data from patients files and need for
> statistical purposes (cluster effect) to register the specific doctor that
> has observed a given event, x-ray, bloodsample etc.
>
> I therefore thought of a way where you have one data entry field for each
> doctor involved with patient and then everytime you need to assign a doctor
> to a specific information a complete list (value label) defined by the
> doctors you previously typed will show and you can then those instead of
> typing it every time.
>
> How do I do that? Is there some way to write within the value label file
> that allows a variable value to show?
>
> Thomas
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 22:29:35 -0500
> From: epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
> Subject: Re: [EpiData-list] Putting the content from several entry
>        fileds into     a value label.
> To: epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
> Message-ID: <BLU0-SMTP51B6C094BB2891B9A04854FD200 at phx.gbl>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
> There is probably a way to do this, using EPIC via the EXEC command to
> create a small .rec on the fly that can be used as input to a conditional
> COMMENT LEGAL. Analysis could also create the required .rec of legal values
> for a patient, but I've never tried to use the EXEC command in a .chk file
> to run Analysis. The kind of solution MIGHT work - I haven't tried it.
> However, if none of the first sentence makes sense to you, it is probably
> not worth trying it out.
>
> Why not just have a list of all of the doctors and pick from that list
> every time a record is created. This ensures accurate entry of doctors, if
> you know them all to begin with. Even if you have a few hundred doctors, an
> alphabetic list is easy to present to the user via COMMENT LEGAL.
>
> EpiData does not have lookup feature that will let you type part of the
> doctor's name and then see a partial list (except via conditional comment
> legal).
> The problem you state is handled "easily" (for an experienced user) by
> relational databases that can create queries on the fly (ACCESS, etc).
>
> EpiData Entry does have a provision for running small programs to do this
> sort of thing, but creating those small programs is a task for an
> experienced programmer. If you have a mission critical requirement and this
> function will be used every day by many people, it would be worth
> programming it.
>
> In the long term, this could be an interesting feature to request to have
> in the Entry Client - essentially the ability to recall from all existing
> records, the unique values of one field, based on a filter - to be used as a
> lookup table; plus the ability to add new values. This could be used very
> frequently in many data entry applications.
>
> Jamie
>
> On 2010-11-24, Thomas wrote:
>
> > I need help to find out if it is possible to have the content of several
> data entry fields listed in a value label.
> >
> > I am doing a registration of data from patients files and need for
> statistical purposes (cluster effect) to register the specific doctor that
> has observed a given event, x-ray, bloodsample etc.
> >
> > I therefore thought of a way where you have one data entry field for each
> doctor involved with patient and then everytime you need to assign a doctor
> to a specific information a complete list (value label) defined by the
> doctors you previously typed will show and you can then those instead of
> typing it every time.
> >
> > How do I do that? Is there some way to write within the value label file
> that allows a variable value to show?
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> ________________________________________
> EpiData-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
> http://lists.umanitoba.ca/mailman/listinfo/epidata-list
>
>
> End of EpiData-list Digest, Vol 85, Issue 12
> ********************************************
>



-- 
http://www.vet2011.org/calendrier3.php


More information about the EpiData-list mailing list