[EpiData-list] new test release for EpiData Manager and Epidata EntryClient

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Fri Jan 7 03:23:07 CST 2011

In extension of the information yesterday with the current test:

Please note that:
-  auto increment fields (idnum)
In the current test version, this only works for files without data.
if you add an idnum field the numbers will be wrong on entry.
(will be fixed in next test version).

- field attribute form (where field specific specifications are made)
The tab page with extended definitions is only visible in this version
This is to show you how the visual design will be.
Jumps, mustenter etc. will work in next test version.

You do not need to report on the above we will fix that.

next test release of Manager and EntryClient will have functionality for:

- mustenter, confirm
- jumps
- control mechanisms to safeguard against several users trying to use the
same file
    (warnings will be given if this is the case)
- copy and paste definitions from one field to another in a quick way.
         (ctrl+c ---- ctrl+v)
Analysis and EPX files.

If you read very large epx files (e.g. 50000 records) into analysis (build
173) you will note that this can take very long time (minutes). For work
with such files I suggest to export the data to Stata format and then with
the old Entry convert to rec files. Analysis cannot read EPZ files, so
please unzip before reading these into Analysis.

Depending on the development progress we might spend some time on more
efficient reading of epx files into Analysis, but this time is better used
for the coming rewrite of Analysis.