[EpiData-list] EpiData in Vietnam

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sun Jan 16 21:58:05 CST 2011

I'll be running a course in Vietnam on questionnaire design and data
management. As part of the course I'm thinking of adding a session on
EpiData. Can anyone answer the following question: How do people in
non-English speaking countries manage with EpiData? I don't mind the
menus being in English because a translation of the menus into
Vietnamese can be handed out to participants. What may be an issue is
entering Vietnamese characters into the QES file and text fields. If
Vietnamese characters are entered into the QES file, will they be
displayed in the REC file? Also can field names contain Vietnamese
characters or must these be English letters?

Also, what is the forecast for the release of EpiData Manager and
EpiData EntryClient in the completed stage, i.e. with checks and GCP in
place?

Regards,

Suzanna Vidmar
Senior Research Officer
Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics Unit

Murdoch Childrens Research Institute
Royal Children's Hospital
Flemington Road Parkville Victoria 3052 Australia

telephone: +61 3 9345 6372
facsimile: +61 3 9345 6000
email: suzanna.vidmar at mcri.edu.au
www.mcri.edu.au <http://www.mcri.edu.au/>