[EpiData-list] EpiData in Vietnam

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Jan 17 12:21:19 CST 2011

Dear Susan:

We conducted a 3-country study (Cambodia, China, Viet Nam) with the same
data entry form.  The Cambodians and Vietnamese used the English
version, the Chinese translated the Field labels and the Value labels to
Chinese (but not the field names and field values).  For analysis all
sub-sets were combined using the English Version as the driver for the
Check file.  No problems.

You may wish to contact my colleague Nguyen Binh Hoa (copied in this
email), he is with the National Tuberculosis Program Viet Nam, is the
coordinator of the above study, and has taken responsibility for data
management of the Viet Nam tuberculosis survey (over 100,00 cases), all
data captured with EpiData Entry.  He is highly proficient in all things
EpiData and knows how well and widespread its use is already in Viet
Nam.  I hope this helps a bit.

Regards,

Hans

--