[EpiData-list] Epidata Analysis and cluster sampling

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Tue Feb 8 12:17:41 CST 2011

We have until now decided NOT to include cluster options for the
analysis part.

The problem was the overall size of the development work. But also the
large development in statistics theory/practice in this respect over the
last decades. The difference is in the estimation of variance (basicly).

 From the beginning of the EpiData project the intention was ONLY to
focus on datadocumentation (and entry) - but later the development of an
Analysis module became desired.

I would suggest that users in need of cluster sampling based analysis
either go to "comercial software" such as Stata (stata.com) or look into
the methods available in the R-project. If you search in the R-project
(http://www.r-project.org/) on cluster analysis more than 100 hits will
guide you further.

My intention in the further developments could be to write an engine
such that the user can call R-modules from within EpiData Analysis.

regards