[EpiData-list] Re: EpiData Entry Program Exceeding 999 Lines

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Mar 17 14:27:03 CDT 2011

Dear Sam:

You have your unique identifier for the parent file that is "inherited" by the child file.  In the child file your create a unique identifier for that (simple is a construct of the parent identifier plus the date, if each child event happens on a different date).  For validation, you compare the two parent files and the two child files, and that's it.

Best regards,

Hans

Hi,

The only problem with this solution is that I then cannot use the double entry method that compares responses as they are keyed in.  As far as I know, it is not possible to do that with relational files.

Thanks,
Sam

--
Hans L Rieder, MD, MPH