[EpiData-list] WRITENOTE command

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Mar 21 02:13:28 CDT 2011

When writing a comment into a .NOT file, I can display the ID number by
@<field name>, e.g. where the field name is babyid:

*         WRITENOTE "Comments or additional information for baby ID
@babyid" SHOW

I tried doing this with 2 fields (the combination of babyid and wksdate
is unique):

*         WRITENOTE "Comments or additional information for baby ID
@babyid and Week Starting date @wksdate" SHOW

However only the value of wksdate is displayed. How can I display the
values of both fields?

My work around is to create a variable that's a combination of babyid
and wksdate, but I'm wondering if there's a more straightforward way to
do it.

Cheers,

Suzanna Vidmar
Senior Research Officer
Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics Unit

Murdoch Childrens Research Institute
Royal Children's Hospital
Flemington Road Parkville Victoria 3052 Australia

telephone: +61 3 9345 6372
facsimile: +61 3 9345 6000
email: suzanna.vidmar at mcri.edu.au
www.mcri.edu.au <http://www.mcri.edu.au/>