[EpiData-list] Analysis: graph creating GUI bug?

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Tue Mar 29 12:02:50 CDT 2011

On 2011-03-29 15:32, epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I noticed that the GUI which allows you to create histograms (Graph ->  Histogram) does not let you specify a boolean variable as "by" variable.
>
> Example:
>
> . read C:\EpiData\TestData\bromar.rec
> . select dectime<>.
> . gen b fast=(dectime<3.87)
>
> it is possible to do the following:
>
> . his age /by=fast
>
> but the GUI form does not list "fast" as a "by" variable.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Simon
>
> PS: I tried to report this on flyspray, but I get a "Error #23: User or group not enabled for login." when I try to log in.
Hi Simon

Thank for informing us about the problem. I haven't had the time to test
it yet, but will try to do so in the following days.

Regarding the flyspray bugtracker, newly created users are not
automatically allowed to post bugs. An administrator is required to
activate a new user. We use this procedure to prevent most spam-bot on
the internet to abuse our bugtracker.
I have activated your account as of this moment.

Kind regards,
Torsten Bonde Christiansen.
EpiData Association.