[EpiData-list] release candidate of Manager

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Tue Jun 7 17:47:49 CDT 2011

Thanks, Torsten and Jens:

But I was wondering If would be better to release the first stable
version with almost all the capabilities of the actual stable one. I'm
talking about the implementation of other important case of use like
the relational database function and the validation of double data
entry.

Regards,

2011/6/6  <epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca>:
> Dear All
>
> A "feature complete" version of EpiData Manager has been uploaded today -
> the expectation (read as "hope") is, that this version with bug removal can
> be released as version 1.0
>
>   * *NEW: *Create reports in HTML format using "Tools"
>   * Default settings for a project
>   * Change font and colour in program settings
>
> The reports on project structure (question lists, value label lists,
> combined lists) are produced when you click on tools menu. All epx/epz files
> in that folder are included. (Notice they must be of most recent format).
>
> For Entry Client a similar version will be released within the next days .
>
> The following aspecs will be fixed/clarified before release:
> a. A Proper About box will be added.
> b. For reports a grid of included files will be shown to the user - just
> like "add structure" to allow for in- and exclusion of single files.
> c. known and reported bugs.
> d. any bugs reported from now on by users.
> e. updating of documentation on the wiki.
>
> Another interesting development has taken place in the last week. We have
> localised an open-source based cross-platform testing system for interactive
> simulation of user behavior. We will spend some energy and time to develop
> validation tests to secure that the visual interface behaves properly after
> each new compilation. More news on this later.
>
> Therefore please:
> Now is the time to challenge the software and report problems and viewpoints
> on the products - before releasing as v1. Documentation and instruction
> files could be more elaborate obviously - this will come later. In practice
> it has turned out, that unless features work almost without instruction,
> users will not use it.
>
> Kind regards
> Torsten Christiansen
> Jens Lauritsen
>
> EpiData Association
> Denmark

Omar Bautista González
- Colaborador en autogestión comunitaria desde República Dominicana