[EpiData-list] Reading the new XML files into R

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sat Jun 11 09:44:19 CDT 2011

David,

Many thanks for this, I have imported my tiny sample file, but don't seem
able to do anything with it, is this related to you saying you haven't
started working with value labels.

Here is some output from R

 x <- read.epidata.xml("test.epx", dec.sep = ".")> x$datafile_id_0
        Date   Species Count st
1 2009-11-23 Blackbird    34  0
2 2010-11-23    Thrush    57  0
3 2011-12-24 Blackbird   130  0
4 2006-11-23 Blackbird   134  0
5 2011-06-23    Thrush    34  0
6 2005-05-23   Sparrow    24  0
> summary(x)              Length Class      Mode
datafile_id_0 4      data.frame list> boxplot(x$Count)Error in
plot.window(xlim = xlim, ylim = ylim, log = log, yaxs = pars$yaxs) :
  need finite 'ylim' valuesIn addition: Warning messages:1: In
is.na(x) : is.na() applied to non-(list or vector) of type 'NULL'2: In
is.na(x) : is.na() applied to non-(list or vector) of type 'NULL'3: In
is.na(x) : is.na() applied to non-(list or vector) of type 'NULL'4: In
min(x) : no non-missing arguments to min; returning Inf5: In max(x) :
no non-missing arguments to max; returning -Inf

I'm also not sure what the st column is.

You will gather I am right on the edge of my undertstanding of R here.

Graham