[EpiData-list] Reading the new XML files into R

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sun Jun 12 16:08:31 CDT 2011

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 04:53:08PM +0200, epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca wrote:
> And another link showing some Xpath code in R
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1395528/scraping-html-tables-into-r-data-frames-using-the-xml-package
>
> Apologies if this is of no interest, and I now see there are several posts
> on stack overflow covering this issue.

Thanks for these. To do any useful R work we'll still need to import the records into R objects, but it might be possible to use this to limit the number of records that are read in from the XML file, e.g. selecting the first n records, records that match a pattern or perhaps a random sample of records.

David