[EpiData-list] It is possible to have labels that are inconsistent with previously entered data

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Fri Jun 17 13:02:34 CDT 2011

The systems developed will never change any data automatically. If the
manager (person) decides to delete a field a proper warning will show
that this will delete data. If the user (manager)  decides to change the
category labels to exclude a previous label (here cows) there could be a
conflict btw. labels and data. In this situation no warning will be
given as it is now.

If the user then edited that same record there would be a warning/error
saying "illegal entry". However if the record was not edited one would
not know.

This will be resolved when we get to development of the documentation
tools.  One aspect will be/could be " inconcistency report"  which could
show records with "illegal values" in view of the current labels and
ranges. The manager (person) would then have to make a decision on what
to do with the data.

regards