[EpiData-list] How to edit a .qes file imported from old EpiData version

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed Jun 29 16:54:50 CDT 2011

On 2011-06-29 23:13, epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca wrote:
> Hi, I have imported a .qes file into EpiData Manager and re-saved it in
> the new format. The document is a questionnaire and I am trying to make
> updates to the fields. I have two questions...
> 1) Is it possible to insert a new text field in between two already
> established fields?
Yes - you can do that .

Flow of entry btw. will always go from top to bottom and to the rigth
before going down if any field or section is placed to the right of a
field on the same level.

A particular note is that by now the sequence of fields in the EPX file
(epidata project xml file) is the same as the sequence in which they
were added to the form, but this will change at some point. It makes no
diffence to the flow, but when reading the file into analysis we would
like to see the sequence equal to the flow.

2) I've noticed that the label names no longer show up on the form; will
this effect coding capabilities?

If I understand you rigth you wish to see the value labels next to a
field following entry. THis is set in the properties of a given field on
the second tab page.

regards