[EpiData-list] Re: Managing two related unique IDs in data entry

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Tue Jul 12 22:19:39 CDT 2011

My apologies, Pedro,

A field block cannot refer to a variable defined in the .chk file.

The following works, but I could not get the @sample1 to work in a help command. I'm not sure why.

create a new field in the .rec called checksamp and the .chk looks like this:

before file
    hide checksamp
end

sample1
    comment legal codes.rec
    type comment checksamp
end

sample2
    after entry
      if sample2 <> checksamp then
        help "This pair of sample numbers do not match those assigned. \nPlease check and re-enter both." type=error
        goto sample1
    endif
  end
end