[EpiData-list] Adding sections or fields inEpiData Manager(length/height of dataform)

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Tue Aug 2 08:43:22 CDT 2011

Your understanding is correct, but in the case of having a single
section the password feature would be for the whole file.

We have not implemented password features yet, but I think it would be
the simpler principle to say:
a. Main section (whole background) - the same as adding no sections
b. any other section.

If you look in the xml structure, you can see now, that the part
describing sections looks like this:

<Sections>
<Section id="section_id_main">
<Name>MAIN</Name>
    ...... deleted .......
</Section>
<Section id="section_id_1">
<Name>Section4</Name>
    ...... deleted .......
</Section>
</Sections>

That is, the main section is always there regardless of the existence of
any specifically created sections.

regards Jens Lauritsen