[EpiData-list] File size and program freezing

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Tue Aug 2 16:55:27 CDT 2011

I made a test file with 500 integer fields. (115 KB when empty) This loads without delay in the old EpiData.
It takes about 5 seconds to create in Manager on my MacBook Pro.
It takes about a minute to load in Entryclient and the dreaded colour wheel of death rotates over it (you need to be a Mac user to appreciate that - think of the hourglass turning and turning in Windows).
Once it is loaded, data entry, field navigation and record navigation are fine. I suspect that it will load the same when it has many records. I'll try that out tomorrow.

Jamie