[EpiData-list] Export EpiData to Excel - is there a solution/an alternative?

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Aug 11 12:03:19 CDT 2011

Hey everybody,

thank your so much for your efforts and the enormous help! I need some
time to consider your proposals and the next steps now :-)

My boss has done a lot of work with Excel and she is just worried 1.
that we have to adapt to a new system and 2. that we can't combine the
data from the Open Office sheets with already existing Excel sheets.

Thanks again and greetings,
Nina

Am 11.08.2011 17:45, schrieb epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca:
> I suppose the starting point really is to answer the question, "What do I want to do with the data in Excel?"
>
> ? look at it in a spreadsheet view? - EpiData Analysis can do this (Browse)
> ? do some simple calculations on some fields? - EpiData Analysis can do this
> ? do some really complicated calculations on some fields? - just export some key identifying fields and the fields you need into Excel and merge the results back into your EpiData file
> ? do some special analysis that is only available in Excel? - same idea, but I can't think of any that would use very many fields
> ? create a database that will support mail-merge ? - you won't need many fields for this
>
> If your boss has a fixation on an old version of Excel, then you are limited to exporting 256 fields (columns). Excel 2010 or newer can handle over 16,000 columns
>
> Jamie
>
>> thank you very much! I tried to suggest that to my boss but she is not convinced yet. Are there any other possibilities available?

Nina-Claire Himpe
Wiss. Mit. von Prof. Dr. Ulrike Davy
Lehrstuhl für öffentliches Recht, deutsches und
internationales Sozialrecht, Rechtsvergleichung
Fakultät für Rechtswissenschaft
Universität Bielefeld
Postfach 10 01 33
33 501 Bielefeld