[EpiData-list] Warning: Changes in XML structur in the next test release of Manager and EntryClient

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Aug 22 01:46:02 CDT 2011

Dear all

As I already informed on August 17th the next test release for Manager
and EntryClient will require ALL current EPX and EPZ files to be
recreated. The next test release will be available within the next few
days.

Obviously this can be annoying, but as previously announced we do need
to have the flexibility of changes all the way to release of version 1.

If you are preparing projects for future use I recommend that you either:
  a.
    - Export your data with current test version into stata format
    - import again with the new test version (when this is ready)
    - add jumps, calculations etc after the import.
         (Labels will be imported correctly)
or
   look at the template principles explained in
   http://www.epidata.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/documentation:templateformat

and then use the template command tool to create the epx files. A
revised template tool will be released at the same time as the next test
release.

In other words: Do not spend too much time on fine tuning epx files at
this point. Datastructures are fine, but details must be expected to
change, e.g. specifications of jumps, range, notes etc.

The XML structure used in v1.0 will be supported for all future releases
after that.

regards