[EpiData-list] Error message "out of memory"

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Fri Sep 23 10:43:47 CDT 2011

Hello,

I am starting out with Epidata Analysis so this might be a very basic
question.

I tried to run a very lengthy script (over 800,000 lines of commands)
and it went about 3/4 through when I got the following error message (I
had left the program open overnight to let it run):

"PGM Error:

Out of memory"

What "memory" is it referring to? How can I fix this?

Thank you very much for any help!

Yvonne

Yvonne Cao | Senior Research Analyst, International Projects

NORC at the University of Chicago

4350 East-West Highway, 8th Floor, Bethesda MD 20814

cao-yvonne at norc.org <mailto:cao-yvonne at norc.org>  | office +1 (301)
634-9476 | fax +1 (301) 634-9301