[EpiData-list] export to stata and view enteries

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Jan 19 06:25:33 CST 2012

Dear Epidata list

I have two questions for you:

1. How can i get an overview of my records?(a list accessable with in the
epidata manager or entery client.
2. In epidata when i export to stata the data in stata turns out different
from what i want.
	A. My string variables are in s207% format leaving them extremely wide. I
have specified length in epidata to 25 (as i want a 25 	character entry)
	B. I have some integer variables that i have labeled, the length of the
integer variables are 2 (-9 to 8) these are labeled for 	readability in
stata. Some of the labels such as male / female are longer than 2 but i am
not allowed to change the length of the 	integer variables to above 2. So
when I export to stata my labels are ma (male) and fe (female).

What am i doing wrong?

lars