[EpiData-list] export to stata and view enteries

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Jan 19 08:14:21 CST 2012

Explanation to Lars:
1. We will implement a grid view function, such as the one shown now in
EntryClient with the find dialog

2. This is an error and a problem

When we export data from a string field which is UTF8 - it is not simple
to calculate the length after conversion to some other character
representation. Therefore all the fields are length 207 after export. We
could experiment with a shorter export length.

Until other solution do the following:
a. export to Stata
b. read the dta file into Stata
c. compres (run this command in Stata)